Need Help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"MacBook Pro 2.7 GHz i7 (2013) | 15"MacBook Pro 2.6GHz (2018) both OS 10.14.1 | iPhone 6 OS 12.1
Need Help rescuing my UI

i messed up the user interface of leopard a bit..i installed this crappy program called crystal clear interface...it replaced some system graphics but said it would back them up & restore them...but when i decided i didnt want the app & uninstalled it (at which point the app was supposed to restore the original graphics) but some of the changes were not reverted to the original...now my user interface is some sort of weird hybrid between leopard & i'm guessing tiger...i need to know if there is any way for me to get back to the old graphics without reinstalling leopard.

also...if nothing works & i do need to reinstall leopard...will all the settings & apps & customizations ive made disappear? will i have to reinstall all security updates & os updates again?...please help...the less i have to loose the happier ill be...thanks

OP
rohan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"MacBook Pro 2.7 GHz i7 (2013) | 15"MacBook Pro 2.6GHz (2018) both OS 10.14.1 | iPhone 6 OS 12.1
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Firstly try re-installing the software and using a utility such as AppTrap to delete it and see if that makes a difference and, hopefully, save an erase and install.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 Retina 4K iMac. Monterey. 8GB RAM. Crucial 500GB external SSD
If you had full backups to an external drive, undoing this would be easy :)

backups are important... took me 17 years to finally do it the right way... I'm stubborn. lol

I learned my lesson finally, I don't tinker with anything without first knowing I have a backup

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.