Need help removing homesweeeklies!

Reaction score
I can no longer browse using wifi. In safari i have google set as my home page. but when i open safari i get homesweeklies.com and it says i can't connect to the server. I've tried changing home page again but google appears to be gray and cant be changed. I can connect to internet using ethernet but google doesn't appear as my home page. I get safefinderformac. I have run malwarebytes and avast which have removed infected files but the problem still persists. I've even tried reinstalling MacOs but it didn't work.

When i ran Avast there were 6 unreadable files. I just ran it again and it erased one more file. but there are 5 unreadable files still.

I've tried going into /Library/LaunchAgents
/Library/Application Support
/Library/LaunchDaemons

I tried doing a search and couldn't find info on this. Sorry if its been discusssed already.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
Please download "etrecheck" and run it and post the output here.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I suspect that the culprit files are in your personal user library (inside your home account). That directory is hidden by default and you will have to unhide it. These directions should help. How To: Unhide User Library Folder Mac OS 10.9 Mavericks

You Can scroll down to the directions for how to do it the Apple way. Look for any suspect files in the library folder.

Sent from my iPad using Mac-Forums

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.