Need advice, if this system will run Adobe CC 2017

Reaction score
Hi all! Sorry, I am totally new to owning a Mac desktop. I am looking at getting one from someone used, and the specs are as follows:

-Processor: 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
-Memory: 32 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
-Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
-HDD: 1 TB

Included:
-Original Apple Trackpad
-Original Apple wired numeric keyboard

I'm a design student and I'm having trouble because we use Mac at school but I only have a PC at home. If this will allow me to use InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator with relative ease, then I will be happy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
You don't provide the year or mode. When I try to guess what it could be can I assume it is a 2011 iMac? That system should have no problem handling InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator. My husband's 21.5" iMac has the same specs as the one you have listed except his has 16Gb of memory and an SSD drive. I purchased it used off a guy who was a professional photographer and used it with photoshop and lightroom. He said it worked great but he wanted the new 5K 27" iMac.

I will tell you that an SSD will tremendously increase the performance but what you have listed should work just fine if you can get it worth the price.

Lisa

OP
M
Reaction score
Thank you so much! I'm sorry, let it is from mid-2011. I have been told I can buy it for $650 CDN and from what else is available in my area, it seems to be a good price. It makes me feel better to know that I should be able to run the programs I need for school. The iMac is a temporary solution while I save to purchase a Macbook, new.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
The price you list seems reasonable (if I did my conversions correctly!) Good luck with your schooling!

Lisa

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.