need a decompressor for an .HQX file

Reaction score
Wow. I tried The Unarchiver but exactly the same results. Could it be possible that downloading a file to a PC, buring it on the PC and getting the MAC to read that cd is the problem?. I mean the MAC sees and copies the filr, but somehow could it be corrupted during the process?

Um, not to pick nits but isn't unarchiver for OS X? He's running 8.6 (I think).

If I'm not mistaken, yes, burning it on a PC could be the problem, something about losing the resource fork for the application.
You can't just download it on the mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Now I know it 8.6 I will know not to recommend OSX software!
Over to someone else now, that's way too old a system for me. I started at 10.2!

OP
S
Reaction score
I downloaded the recommendation on posting 16 of this. There is a link there (thank you for it) and it says it is for 8.6 BUT as I say, it wont work at all.

Reaction score
That one is also an .hqx file. Did you try the one in post #11 by rippingviper?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13" , 21.5" iMac i5, White iPhone 4s 32gig, iPad 3 white 16 gig, i5 Mac Mini
It works he said. but the file after its decompressed isnt working. its not that he now needs a decompressor it seems. its that the file he downloaded isn't working, I know the file I uploaded works , I tried it on my 7.5.5 machine and it loaded right up.

For some reason if that doesn't work, try this

Click Me for expanded Stuffit Expander 7

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.