Neat stuff?

H

hardheart

Are there any neat add-on's that are recommended for mac OSX? Similar to how PC has Windowblinds and Microsoft Plus. Stuff like that. Maybe a handy little remote for iTUNES. I have this flimsy little one, but it kinda stinks. Stuff like that to add a little spunk to my computer :) :)

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
You can can go to versiontracker or macupdate tp find a lot of differey program. Since I never alter a PCs environment, I am not sure what you are looking for, but you may find what you are looking for in one of those places.

OP
S

StarManta

definitely iKey. turns those useless F buttons into an itunes remote (that took maybe 10 minutes to script, even with me never having used the program before), or scroll through your windows (when youre too lazy to press command-tab), or type this: The date is Thursday, December 04, 2003 at 23:15:39.826
yes, with milliseconds. It's a neat little program. :-D

Oh, and you can turn on voice commands too. Not really an addon, but it's fun.

OP
H

hardheart

StarManta said:
definitely iKey. turns those useless F buttons into an itunes remote (that took maybe 10 minutes to script, even with me never having used the program before), or scroll through your windows (when youre too lazy to press command-tab), or type this: The date is Thursday, December 04, 2003 at 23:15:39.826
yes, with milliseconds. It's a neat little program. :-D

Oh, and you can turn on voice commands too. Not really an addon, but it's fun.

so, iKEY is what? a scripting button or um it's just a program that gives you the actual little iTUNES remote??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
the best iTunes remote ive found is Synergy. i have mine setup so i press command+space plays or pauses and command+right or left arrow for next or previous track .. plus the floating info window is nice too

and like graphite mentioned macupdate, versiontracker, unsanity and konfabulator are great places to find neat apps

OP
D

dziner

I LOVE Konfabulator! So much fun. Another good one is CandyBar to change all of your icons. All available on VersionTracker.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.