• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

My potential new ride...

Reaction score
Since I only live like three miles away from work, I've decided to buy a bicycle. My company reimburses me $350 a year to purchase any exercise equipment (bike, weights, etc.) I might as well spend the money, since basically the bicycle will be free. I'm thinking about buying one of those pimp cruiser bikes (I've already got a high end road bike and mountain bike) to go to work, coffee, etc. Something like these...

1903.jpg

v12.jpg

Ficha%5CStraight-8-Men-Black.jpg

electra_coaster1_m_black_06_m.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
That's cool if you can do it safely and comfortably.

I remember one time when I was living in Rhode Island and my home was half a mile from work. What a great opportunity to walk! I did it once. There was no place to walk, especially along one part of the route where there was barely any walking space between the guard rail and the driving lane.

OP
bry3
Reaction score
That's cool if you can do it safely and comfortably.

I remember one time when I was living in Rhode Island and my home was half a mile from work. What a great opportunity to walk! I did it once. There was no place to walk, especially along one part of the route where there was barely any walking space between the guard rail and the driving lane.

Yeah, there's a lot of sidewalks where I live. So I'm lucky there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
The second looks like is has a nice, comfortable seat and the springs should make the ride nice and smooth.

So, where do I need to work to get a $350 yearly stipend for exercise equipment??? (and what other benefits do you get?)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
That's quite a nice company you work for! I like number 1, it looks comfy with an old-fashioned style but also mod at the same time. You'll get some good exercise to boot!:D

Reaction score
They look cool but they're pretty heavy and ungainly, not to mention the single speed (ouch my knees.) A good mate of mine owns a bike shop and we used to use one to run errands. We got sick of it pretty quickly.

This is the errand bike now. A good mix of your roadie and mountain bikes.

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-AU/bikes/road/77/22526/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
i like the one with the 8 on it.. thats the coolist one IMO

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16ghz Core Duo | 1GB RAM | 100 GB HDD | 256MB ATI RADEON x1600
I like this one because it look very vintage and "retro"
1903.jpg

The white tires on on the not too glossy black paint looks really slick.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
As nice as these bikes look i see only one has brake cables...
how do you stop? footjam the back wheel...

^well thats my bike, soz the bike isnt to clear"
The only other photo i have is of me biking off a 6ft drop which you cant see the bike

Are these bikes comfortable?
I would personallystick to these bike makes
specialzed
Gary fisher
Giant
mongoose

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2Ghz, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD
i like the 3rd bike. what address did you go to find the bikes?

Reaction score
As nice as these bikes look i see only one has brake cables...
how do you stop? footjam the back wheel. . . .
In Stone Age North America, at least, most if not all bikes didn't have gears. Like the bikes pictured in this thread, one speed fit all. These bikes have coaster brakes in the rear-wheel hubs. Kids, especially when standing on the pedals, could slam the brake on and fishtail 180 degrees. On a hot day it would leave a skid mark on the pavement.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.