My MacBook Pro monitor blinked for the first time. Should I be concerned?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 16 Inch 2019 MacOS Catalina 10.15.3 (19D76)
For the first time, my MacBook Pro 16 inch monitor which I purchased in 2020 blinked. Is there anything I should look out for after this?

I know my concern may come across as a bit rushed, but for the amount of money I put into this computer, coupled with the fact that many times small issues like this turn out to be bigger issues down the line, I feel this concern is warranted.

By the way, I have my Mac plugged into a UPS device. I also recieved a rain design stand that I have been using since yesterday. Not that this would have anything to do with it.

I read somewhere that many times the MacBook Pro will do this when the sleep mode is altered. Well I have to relearn how to use the new system preferences with the battery since it changed when I updated to Big Sur.

Oh, and another question; is it safe for me to leave my MacBook Pro plugged in all the time? Will the battery last longer if I unplug it?

Sorry for the numerous questions.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
What does "blinked" mean?

And yes you can keep it plugged in all the time, that will mean that you battery will cycle less and potentially last a bit longer.

OP
MacLover2011
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 16 Inch 2019 MacOS Catalina 10.15.3 (19D76)
By blink I mean the screen went black for a second.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.