My Macbook fell

Reaction score
My macbook fell of the desk while I was watching something, but the only damage seems to be a dent on the corner near the trackpad. Everything seems okay, even the video I was watching skipped a bit then resumed playing, but I'd like to know if there are any problems that will arise later on. Is there something I should watch out for? Is there a way I can check if the macbook is completely okay?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Various Mac's
Is this the original old white or black MacBook, the white unibody MacBook, the MacBook Aluminium, the current MacBook, a MacBook Pro, a MacBook Pro Retina, the first generation MacBook Air or the MacBook Air using a flash storage SSD? As you can see, there are many variations.

C

chas_m

It is quite possible that problems will appear later on, and there's no way to determine ahead of time if you got very lucky there. Keep your backups up to date.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
No way to know for sure. I dropped my 2008 MacBook Pro a few years ago and have never had a problem other than having to replace the hard drive due to a separate drop of the hard drive. As member chas_m has suggested keep your backups current.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Various Mac's
As your MacBook Pro was in use and uses a conventional hard drive rather than an SSD there is an increased chance of hard drive problems. The rest is fairly durable. A drop can also cause display problems, but it seems you escaped a cracked screen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2012 Mac Mini i5, macOS 10.15.4, iPhone 11 Pro Max, PowerBook G4, iMac G3/4/5
That model has the Sudden Motion Sensor, which likely saved the hard drive. Impossible to know if other stuff will start to show problems later tho.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.