My First Mac...

Reaction score
mac57 said:
My first Mac was this Power Mac G5 I am driving right now!! ... and I am pretty impressed!

I did use some of the original PowerPC Mac's back in the time of the 68K to PPC transition - we used them at work. I remember I loved them then. I am not sure why it took me so long to get back to Apple. I think they were always slower than PCs for the same price... it is nice to see Apple at the head of the pack again!

i am happy too, to see Apple being at the head of the pack where they belong.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody Macbook 2.0, Blackberry Bold (Good Riddance iPhone)
coltssaturday said:
i am happy too, to see Apple being at the head of the pack where they belong.

man you gotta ease up on that post button there buddy.

Reaction score
techster82 said:
man you gotta ease up on that post button there buddy.

Am i posting too much or something, 'cause i am on the internet a lot and i try to help people who have questions that i know the answers to at mac-forums so i got a lot of posts but don't worry you are a way ahead of me. :)

OP
C

caveatipss

coltssaturday said:
Am i posting too much or something, 'cause i am on the internet a lot and i try to help people who have questions that i know the answers to at mac-forums so i got a lot of posts but don't worry you are a way ahead of me. :)

No worries...some people on here are just determined to give crap to everyone.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Reaction score
caveatipss said:
No worries...some people on here are just determined to give crap to everyone.

so are you talking about me giving crap replies man

OP
C

caveatipss

coltssaturday said:
so are you talking about me giving crap replies man

Not at all. I am talking about someone else who is mean and intolerant.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
caveatipss said:

Look at me, I'm mean and intolerate of stupid questions and remarks. Seriously, grow up little buddy.

Reaction score
caveatipss said:

thanks you that you weren't talking about me

techster82 said:
Look at me, I'm mean and intolerate of stupid questions and remarks. Seriously, grow up little buddy.

haha, both of youall. I think there is a reason why techster82 was voted the most aggresive member of mac-forums

Reaction score
coltssaturday said:
I think there is a reason why techster82 was voted the most aggresive member of mac-forums

Definitely. And to put the cherry on top, I think the signature part "thank a soldier" is probably the most stupid line I have ever heard.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Please, lets not start another war here. Stop the name calling, All involved. It's just bringing the whole forum down.

OP
C

caveatipss

techster82 said:

I was not aware that God appointed you the abitor of what is stupid and what is valid, and gave you the authority to punish those who violate your whims. Now that I know, I will carefully test my remarks to make sure they pass your divine standard.

Reaction score
everybody try to understand this thread is not going to have another caveatipss vs. techster82 WAR because we are all here on this forum to help each others problems. STOP FIGHTING, THERE IS NO REASON!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yogi said:
Definitely. And to put the cherry on top, I think the signature part "thank a soldier" is probably the most stupid line I have ever heard.

I wouldn't expect someone form Switzerland to have any comprehension of what that means. But then I guess you could be speaking German.

Now if anyone wants to further the attacks you can find me in the IRC chat room anytime, so everyone get back on topic.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" core duo 2ghz; OS-X 10.4.7; 2gbram; 256mb graphics; 250gbHD; delivered 6/14/06
Disappointed but optimistic

Well, I'm a newbie so maybe not "entitled". However, in my brief time here I've been impressed with the friendly and helpful responses I've received. I've also seen flame-wars erupt on other forums which are sometimes entertaining but as as soon as they begin the flow of information and previous goodwill stops.

I think people should be able to say what they want. I can hold my own, but that's not why I'm here. I don't think it's why anyone is here. I would prefer free-flow of info, ideas, help, comments, and civil banter. That's what I've received in my brief time aboard and I've liked it. In time, perhaps I'll be able to give something back.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook: 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD; PowerTower Pro (300MHz G3 clone): 608MB RAM, 10GB HD
The first apple I ever used was an apple ][e in ~1981. I used macs (mostly running system 6 if memory serves) in highschool and liked them, but I finally bought one for myself in college. It was a Performa 6116CD. It had a PPC 601 processor that ran at 60 MHz and had a (wonder of all multimedia wonders) built in CD-ROM drive. I gave it to a school as a tax write off when I bought my sawtooth in 1999.

Reaction score
asolo said:
Well, I'm a newbie so maybe not "entitled". However, in my brief time here I've been impressed with the friendly and helpful responses I've received. I've also seen flame-wars erupt on other forums which are sometimes entertaining but as as soon as they begin the flow of information and previous goodwill stops.

I think people should be able to say what they want. I can hold my own, but that's not why I'm here. I don't think it's why anyone is here. I would prefer free-flow of info, ideas, help, comments, and civil banter. That's what I've received in my brief time aboard and I've liked it. In time, perhaps I'll be able to give something back.

yes, this is the right forum for you then, but in every forums there are sometimes when flames erupt and sooner or later they do calm down. So just follow the rules and enjoy.

:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
asolo said:

asolo, you are the prime example of someone I have been happy to help because you were polite, informed, did your own research first, then asked for help when you had a serious question or problem. I have gotten a bad name from calling out a couple of members who weren't willing to help themselves, and basically brought only clutter to the board. That is fine by me as my feelings really aren't hurt. I myself have been guilty of participating in some childish arguments, but what can I say, stupidity is a pet peeve of mine. I hope you continue to enjoy the forums and gain some knowledge from them. Several of the newer members should use you as an example of how to use a forum.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.