About 4 months ago I purchased a mac, my first one, after hearing all the raves about them, i decided to spend 1800 on a new 12 ibook G4. Here I am now sitting on my new Athlon 64 3200+ notebook, and never EVER want to look back at the horrible months behind me.
Consider this your warning, if you're considering switching from a pc to a mac, please, don't waste your money, you will regret it. I know many people here will challange this statement, but imo it was a total loss. I sold it for 1200, loosing 600 dollars, and also loosing a major headache.
Why you ask? Here is a small list for you people thinking about switching;
1. Constant lock up, ie. finder, so much for that rock hard unix!
2. Annoying interface, somthing about it just bugged me!
3. Crappy tech support, 90 days? come on, what a rip
4. Don't listen to people who say they are faster than pcs. I bought this and EVERYONE told me an 800mhz G4 would be faster than my 1.5ghz Celeron, DO NOT LISTEN!
5. 1800 dollars on a LOW END system.
I could go on, but I won't. Again, consider yourself warned, if you switch, you will regret it.
So long, farewell,