My Epson Printer is connected to home network but my Mac won't see it

Reaction score
I have an Epson XP 302 series.
My computer suddenly doesn't see it through wifi network.

The printer is connected to the internet because I have a printer email address which I am currently using considering my mac does not see the printer. For the moment I just send an email with the file I want to print to my printer email address and it prints just fine.
However, this has some limitations. You cannot print in black and white and cannot use the scanner.

If I connect the printer with a USB cable it works just fine.

- I have tried resetting printer settings on mac
- I have tried resetting printer settings on the printer.
- I tried connecting the printer to the router thinking maybe there were some drivers that should have been installed.
- I tried removing the firewall both from my mac and router to see if it would recognise the printer but no luck.
- I got the IP address of my printer through my router settings and tried installing the printer through the IP address but it still won't work.
- The epson installer doesn't see the printer either.
All software is up to date because I have downloaded it while installing the printer with a usb cable.
I just want my printer back to work properly in my wifi network. Why is my printer connected to the internet but all my devices at home cannot see it in the network (iphone, ipad and another macbook)?
Please help
Thank you

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Try resetting your printer system and then attempt once more to reinstall the Epson. Follow the directions given here by Apple. The instructions say they're for Mavericks but will work with Yosemite in case you're using that version of OS X.

OP
X
Reaction score
Hi chscag
thank you very much for taking the time to reply.
I have already tried resetting the printer settings. Once I did it the computer would still not find it on the network and that is the reason why i tried with the usb cable.
I ´ve even tried resetting the printer settings with no luck.
Im sorry I forgot to mention this in my previous post.

dbm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2011 i5 2.3/8GB, MBPr 15 2013 with i7/16GB both running El Capitan
I've had problems with my Canon printer after updating to Yosemite, even though my printer drivers are up to date. Are you running Yosemite?

OP
X
Reaction score
Hello dbm
Yes I am. I figured that could have been the problem too. However, also my ipads and iphones are not able to locate the printer.
Basically this started happening about a month ago when I changed from an ADSL to fiber optics keeping the same provider. They obviously gave me a new router and the problem first appeared as soon as I changed it.
So I called the provider and they told me that by updating the router software this problem should be solved. They updated the router software from their headquarters and it seemed like I had managed to finally install the printer. It worked just fine until yesterday when I turned it on and had the same problem again; printer installed but could not be seen by the computer. I doubt it's a router problem because the printer connects to it just fine. I can see all devices connected and as previously stated I can send emails to it to print any documents.
I really have no idea what the problem is.

dbm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2011 i5 2.3/8GB, MBPr 15 2013 with i7/16GB both running El Capitan
I see you've attempted to set up your printer via the IP address. I would expect that to be dynamic, supplied by your router. Check the IP of your printer again to see if it has expired and been changed?

OP
X
Reaction score
even if the ip has changed it would be strange that my computer cannot see the printer.
anyways i just checked and retried installing through the ip. no luck unfortunately.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz, ipod classic 160gb, iphone4 16gb, imac g4, ipod 2nd gen 40gb
Have you had any joy with this problem?

I've just come on here to look for a solution to the very same problem.

I have an Epson WF-3620, was working perfectly on Yosemite up until the weekend when, I simply unplugged it and moved it to a new location, (only a couple of feet away).

Now, my Macbook pro can't see it, even though it is installed and works perfectly by USB.

I've moved it back and tried everything as in previous posts by the OP.

Driving me mad!

OP
X
Reaction score
Have you had any joy with this problem?

I've just come on here to look for a solution to the very same problem.

I have an Epson WF-3620, was working perfectly on Yosemite up until the weekend when, I simply unplugged it and moved it to a new location, (only a couple of feet away).

Now, my Macbook pro can't see it, even though it is installed and works perfectly by USB.

I've moved it back and tried everything as in previous posts by the OP.

Driving me mad!

Unfortunately I still haven't found a solution to the problem :(
I am currently using with my usb cable.
Hoping to hear from someone who can find a solution to the problem in the meantime.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz, ipod classic 160gb, iphone4 16gb, imac g4, ipod 2nd gen 40gb
I somehow got it working again.

Completely reset everything on the printer and started again.

It's not much help in how to fix it, but it gives you hope:D:D:D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.