Music Mixing software

Reaction score
Hi I'm new to the mac world and just got my first macbook. I'm interested in mixinf music tracks together to form one long mix. Can anyone provide me with a software that is good for beginners like me?

thanks!

Jason

Reaction score
garageband should work, it is included with the macbooks, it is part of ilife

Reaction score
Hey man! Are you looking to like mix and scratch? Or, Just mixing songs?

Btw: I live in MI too =D

~Seth~

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2GB, Mac Pro 2.66Ghz 3GB X1900.
Djay is a realtime DJ mixing application, it's free and can do cueing if you have more than one audio output.

http://www.algoriddim.net/

You can also record the results.

OP
S
Reaction score
Yeah I'm looking to do more mixing of tracks rather than scratching.

Where in MI are you? I'm in Kalamazoo

Jason

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
Hey, nice to see another Kalamazoo member here. I'm in the small town of Mattawan, about 15 minutes away.

As already mentioned, Garageband should work perfectly for what you need to do. You'll find that you can cut and mix tracks, add special effects, even write your own parts for computer instruments to play! The absolute best part of it, is that it's free and should be included right on your computer.

cas

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Ghz 512mb Mac OSX 10.4.8
if what you want to do is live mixing performance i should recommend TRAKTOR, but if you want to remix at home in amm... no-live mixing.. haha i recommend using Ableton Live, i think GB will work well too... but is very limited :)

Reaction score
Hi stradt03, congrats on your new MacBook & welcome to our forum.

As others have already mentioned, GarageBand comes preinstalled (or should come preinstalled) on your MacBook.

It's a very good music creation/mixing app for beginners and novices alike. It is a scaled down app compared to the more well known programs like, Logic and Cubase etc but perfect for someone who is interested in learning how to create or mix music. It comes with tons of loops and you can even purchase additional loop packs from Apple or your nearest AppleStore.

Getting to know the app might seem a bit daunting at first but believe me it is quite user friendly and there are a lot of tutorials out there too.

GarageBand Tutorial link

So, if you have any problems there is always help available here at M-F or online via a google search.

Enjoy your MacBook!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.