Music Download Software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have Limewire in my computer, but you know how all the succesfull softwork gets bombed by artists. So I find that most of the files are either low quality or not the ones I am looking for. You know how you look for a Disney video and in the search results get the "russian teen lolita and boyfriend play" result. WHat software do you all use? I heard there is a site where youu can actually download the whole album. Thanks for your recomendations

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
i buy most music in either cd form or some off itunes.

itunes you can buy one song or the whole album.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Besides iTunes I use E-Muisc and AudioLunchBox for digital downloads.

If you are talking about places to download legally questionable music for free, that's against forum policy to discuss.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
baggss is right, downloading music for free off of Limewire or any other method is against forum rules as it is a form of piracy.

Now, there are plenty of legal avenues for you to get your music.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
iTunes - legal, can burn to any amount of CD's, goes on iPod easily, good prices

Legal is the key word there. Anything other than legal isn't music to me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 2GHz Intel Core2Duo 1GB 667MHz DDR2SDRAM 120GB HD | iPod Video 80GB White | iPhone 8GB
iTunes. I used LimeWire before, but then someone told me that it was "legally questionned."

OP
M
Reaction score
How Can You All Talk About Piracy. I Am Just Asking For A Peer To Peer Program. I Could Hire Britney Spears To Sing In My B-day. But I Dont Want To Pay Her Or Tower Records 11 Pounds For A Cd. If It Would Be Illegal Downloading It Wouldn´t Exist. Come On Guys, If We Are In The Forums Here Is Because We All Are Pretty Much Into All This Computer Stuff. Why Do You All Go To The Companies Side, Stay With The Users Side. Share, Exploit The Advantages Of P2p Sharing. It Is Like Borrowing A Cd From Your Friend Next Door.

Reaction score
How Can You All Talk About Piracy. . . . Share, Exploit The Advantages Of P2p Sharing.
Because in the U.S., downloading music without paying for it is illegal, and discussing on this board how best to do so could bring charges against Mac-Forums and the parent company, and possibly the individuals running this board.

Find a site hosted in a country where it is legal to download music to discuss it.

Reaction score
I have Limewire in my computer, but you know how all the succesfull softwork gets bombed by artists. So I find that most of the files are either low quality or not the ones I am looking for. You know how you look for a Disney video and in the search results get the "russian teen lolita and boyfriend play" result. WHat software do you all use? I heard there is a site where youu can actually download the whole album. Thanks for your recomendations

Hello, try shakespeer.
Radka

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
How Can You All Talk About Piracy. I Am Just Asking For A Peer To Peer Program. I Could Hire Britney Spears To Sing In My B-day. But I Dont Want To Pay Her Or Tower Records 11 Pounds For A Cd. If It Would Be Illegal Downloading It Wouldn´t Exist. Come On Guys, If We Are In The Forums Here Is Because We All Are Pretty Much Into All This Computer Stuff. Why Do You All Go To The Companies Side, Stay With The Users Side. Share, Exploit The Advantages Of P2p Sharing. It Is Like Borrowing A Cd From Your Friend Next Door.

From the forum rules:

Illegal Activity: We choose to follow United States law in regard to what is permissible to be discussed here. Therefore discussion of illegal file sharing, cracked programs, requests for serial numbers, and any other breaches of copyright or other illegal activity are not allowed in these forums.

That does not necessarily reflect my personal opinion, but it is a board a rule and I will generally follow those.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Nice attitude, I'm sure everybody is going to LOVE helping you out now...

While Limewire the software isn't illegal, using it to download music IS. Since it is against forum rules to discuss any subject that is against the law, we can NOT give you any options that let you download music for FREE. We CAN, however, provide you with means to acquire music LEGALLY, which more often than not means that you WILL have to PAY for it.

I don't think I could make it any clearer than that. If you're still going to be obstinate about it, then I guess this discussion is over and I suggest you go to some forums where not-so-legal discussions take place. Good luck with your attitude there, those sorts of people aren't nearly as generous as we have been.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Limewire is not ilegal morons

withstupid.gif

Thanks for that thrilling revelation, we were not aware of it.
dunce.gif

The rule that I quoted above states why we don't discuss it here. Don't like it? You're more than welcome to go elsewhere and act immature....
yes.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Limewire is not ilegal morons
No, it isn't. The application itself can be used for file sharing.
Your described use is illegal and violates forum rules as well as US Copyright law.
Thread Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.