• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

MultiTouch Leopard Solution

Reaction score
:p Hi,

Do you think we will see MultiTouch support in Leopard? The recently unveiled iPhone apparently runs a slim version of OS X Leopard and a lot of people are discussing the possibility of MT being implemented across the entire range of Mac products (and other iDevices too).

What kind of solution would you like to see? It seems fairly apparent that not many people want to stretch their arms out to the screen for hours at a time.

I created a Mockup (originally for an Appleinsider Thread) of a Touchscreen Keyboard. Do you think this is the way to go, have you got other ideas of how this could be implemented?

My take:

Flash Version
Quicktime (HD) Version

(Click For Larger Pic)

There will be loads more added to the video soon. It's only about 10% complete.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" 2.4 GHz iMac w/ 4GB RAM & 320GB HD
interesting idea

Reaction score
Nice! what app did u do that in. I like it. You should develop it!

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks guys

Nice! what app did u do that in. I like it. You should develop it!

:black: Thanks, I created it in Photoshop and Motion. I will be developing the 'Idea' further and I'll be posting some different interface demos for iLife, Final Cut Studio, Standard Keyboard etc...

As for the product itself. I really think Apple have got MultiTouch covered in a 'BIG' way. There are too many analysts talking about the possibilities and even Apple talked about MT at MWSF as if they have some pretty major plans for it too. I'm sure we'll see a rollout across Mac products by early 2008.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
That's really good.

Unfortunately I think it would cost about £150!

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks again guys.

Unfortunately I think £150 is probably lower than I would expect. The new Optimus Maximus (Vaporware) is in the $1500 range :eek:neye:

This is only the beginning in terms of the Mockup. The interfaces i'm working on are a tad more exciting than these. I shall continue to post the Mockups as I go along. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1 GB RAM, 80GB Hard Drive, 80GB Video iPod (Black)
I think that would be really cool, but I would probably wait a bit until the idea had been fully developed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.