Multiple copies on iPhone of same photo???

Reaction score
My photo library keeps showing 2,3 and sometimes 4 copies of the same photo. How is this happening and how can I stop it. Getting tired constantly deleting the copies.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
First question, are you certain they are the same and not multiple photos taken at the same time?

Do you have Photo Stream enabled? If so, do you see duplicates on other connected devices?

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
My photo library keeps showing 2,3 and sometimes 4 copies of the same photo. How is this happening and how can I stop it. Getting tired constantly deleting the copies.

What you don't tell us is which "camera" was used for these photographs.

For example, was it an iPhone? If so, check this:

Open Settings > Photos and see if "Upload Burst Photos" is ON.

Burst Photos happens if you are taking a photograph and you hold down the Photo button for more than a second. If that happens, the iPhone camera takes a burst of 2, 3, 4, or more photographs, for as long as the button is pressed.

Obviously I don't know which "camera" device you used; but if it is an iPhone, check out that setting.

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.