• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

MTV's "Pimp My Ride" + MBP, iPod, etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
Matthew_love84 said:
I think the fact that they actually hand out items (such as laptops, phones, etc.) to help with the person's schooling/lifestyle/career is always nice.

I will admit, while the stuff they do to the cars is generally outrageous, it's nice when they do stuff like buy a guy who likes camping a bunch of camping gear or (like in this case) they get someone who's never actually owned a computer before a top-of-the-line one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Stuff
to_tough_to_die said:
I will admit, while the stuff they do to the cars is generally outrageous, it's nice when they do stuff like buy a guy who likes camping a bunch of camping gear or (like in this case) they get someone who's never actually owned a computer before a top-of-the-line one.

True, but one thing I find idiotic on the show is that(In one episode) they put a waterproof plasma tv on the guys roof, and a Mini plasma TV on the front of a ATV they gave the guy.

Although, the work they do is gorgeous.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro, 1.83 GHz, 1.5 gigs RAM, 80 GB, AND NO HEAT ISSUES!!
Well, mtv2 is not known for making quality groundbreaking tv shows. I have to say, though, that yo mama, no matter how awful it is, is still entertaining.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Stuff
ShillAT said:
Well, mtv2 is not known for making quality groundbreaking tv shows. I have to say, though, that yo mama, no matter how awful it is, is still entertaining.

Yeah! I watched it once and it was entertaining. But I thought MTV stood for Music television, not Show Programs That Have Nothing To Do With Music(SPTHNTDWM).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
PumpkinLand said:
Yeah! I watched it once and it was entertaining. But I thought MTV stood for Music television, not Show Programs That Have Nothing To Do With Music(SPTHNTDWM).

Reminds me of G4...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro, 1.83 GHz, 1.5 gigs RAM, 80 GB, AND NO HEAT ISSUES!!
man, or date my mom, or room raiders, or next....I mean, MUSIC television.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.