Mp3

C

chas_m

I have to point out to vansmith that although my first post was Lion-only, it is indeed still pretty trivial to convert an MP4 video to an audio format using QuickTime Pro 7 in older versions of the operating system.

Also, while Miro is a perfectly fine suggestion, there are MANY MANY other programs (most of them free or very low-cost) that will also do that job. VisualHub (still working in Lion despite being discontinued) is one of my favourites, but the bottom line is that converting an MP4 video into an audio file (MP3 or something else) is a pretty trivial task and can be done easily.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I have to point out to vansmith that although my first post was Lion-only, it is indeed still pretty trivial to convert an MP4 video to an audio format using QuickTime Pro 7 in older versions of the operating system.
True but how many people have QT7 Pro? ;)

Also, while Miro is a perfectly fine suggestion, there are MANY MANY other programs (most of them free or very low-cost) that will also do that job. VisualHub (still working in Lion despite being discontinued) is one of my favourites, but the bottom line is that converting an MP4 video into an audio file (MP3 or something else) is a pretty trivial task and can be done easily.
No doubt - Miro was the first one that popped into my head, is easy to use and I know it works.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.