Mp3 recorder?

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm a 5 day old Mac-convert, starting to get to grips with everything now.

I'm after a simple piece of software I had for windows, it allowed you to record sound through your sound card into mp3 or wav, easymp3creator i think. I was just wondering if anyone knows of any programs like this that can run on Macs (preferrably free!) I've had a search but no joy so far.

Thanks!

Jay

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.0 GHz, Core Duo, 2 GB Ram
Hi Everyone,

I'm a 5 day old Mac-convert, starting to get to grips with everything now.

I'm after a simple piece of software I had for windows, it allowed you to record sound through your sound card into mp3 or wav, easymp3creator i think. I was just wondering if anyone knows of any programs like this that can run on Macs (preferrably free!) I've had a search but no joy so far.

Thanks!

Jay

try garage band.

part of iLife i think. Open it, create a new podcast project, select input to be the external mic, connect your music source, click record for the track created, and hit play.

Save the file, export (share) to itunes. Not sure it will be mp3, but will be burnable to CD, or you can convert to mp3 if that is not an option.

Brian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro
You could always try audacity. It's pretty simple to use.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.