Mouse scrolling

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP15' Intel i7-2.7GHz, 16Gb, NVIDIA GeForceGT
I have a macbook air and a mac magic mouse. Every day i have to turn it off in blue tooth and back on again to get the window scrolling to work. No matter the browser or app it won't work until I unload it on the bluetooth devices and reload it. Then it will work for another day and tomorr the same. I just tried the paper trick but I had to reload it so it is working now. I'll report back tomorrow, but this started only in Oct/Nov 2021 so it must have been from an update of something like that because it didn't start in 2020 when I got the macbook air and the mouse. Any other ideas would be helpful.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
You posted to a thread that is 14 years old. It may have been better to create a new thread.

That said, the Mac and Mouse use BT to connect. Typically, problems are caused by other BT devices nearby, or devices using the same 2.4Ghz frequencies. So, what did you add/move to your area around the computer in Oct/Nov 2021? New wireless home phone? New Printer? New BT device? New TV? New speakers?

OP
kd929
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP15' Intel i7-2.7GHz, 16Gb, NVIDIA GeForceGT
I have a macbook air and a mac magic mouse. Every day i have to turn it off in blue tooth and back on again to get the window scrolling to work. No matter the browser or app it won't work until I unload it on the bluetooth devices and reload it. Then it will work for another day and tomorr the same. I just tried the paper trick but I had to reload it so it is working now. I'll report back tomorrow, but this started only in Oct/Nov 2021 so it must have been from an update of something like that because it didn't start in 2020 when I got the macbook air and the mouse. Any other ideas would be helpful.

Strange but this paper trick worked yesterday and today it still is working. I hope this continues to be the solution because it seems like it's working. I'll check in tomorrow too before I call it done. Thank you for the old post paper trick!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.