Mountain Lion to Yosemite?

Reaction score
Should I upgrade direct Mountain Lion to Yosumeit or is it better to go via Mavericks? (I've heard so many bad things about Mavericks)

Last edited by a moderator:

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
You can upgrade from Mountain Lion to Yosemite. I have used Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion, Mavericks and now Yosemite from the time that each release came out to when the next one came out and have not had a single issue with any of them.

Where have you been hearing all the bad things and how do you now it will affect you?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Should I upgrade direct Mountain Lion to Yosumeit or is it better to go via Mavericks? (I've heard so many bad things about Mavericks)

And yet you're willing to go with something with a much shorter track record? What's the hurry?

OP
P
Reaction score
OK, thank you, good point. But as a precaution could I download the Mavericks program and install it on my hard disk first? I mean would it then run from the had disk? I have MacAir OsX8.5 at present.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Oh ye of little faith!

With an Air, suggesrt downloading Yosemite, burn to a USB thumb drive prior to installing, back up, format the drive, boot from, the thumb drive and do a clean install.

OP
P
Reaction score
Many thanks! Pardon my ignorance but what size thumb drive should it be and how do I make it bootable?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.