Motorola V180 and Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
I have a Motorola V180 and i'm trying to connect it to my iBook (running Panther) via USB. After checking Motorola website i was unableto find software for Mac, does anyone knowwhat software can i do? I dont want to use it as a modem but to change wallpapers, sync and that kind if stuff.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
I've been trying to do the same thing, but have been unsuccessful so far. I even tried using the Motorola software and connecting the V180 to my brother's PC. For some reason, it doesn't want to connect properly.

OP
mraya
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
Sad... i really wanted to be able to at least sync my phone, since my PocketPC is... well... full-flesh Microsoft device.
Out of topic: the Motorola software is really tricky for the PC, i had the same problem, you may need to update the program, there are some good forums around that may help.

S

SF Mac Guy

Works with iSync

Echo_ said:
yup its not supported

I used the cable from my Palm Tungsten E to plug in my V180. It was recognized by iSync and I can sync contacts and calendar. Give it a try!

OP
mraya
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
Thanks a lot SF_Mac_Guy, it works great!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.