More than one Ishuffle?

O

ophkw

More than one Ipod shuffle?

Hello,

I'm having problems loading music onto my shuffle. My husband had a shuffle first and it loads fine. I just purchased mine and can't load music. It shows up in Itunes and I'm able to hit Autofill and it shows songs being loaded. But it loads them really quickly and it does not actually load on the shuffle.

It works on other computers in my network just not the one that my husband's was set up on. Can you have two shuffles on one PC??

Any help would be greatly appreciated. All my playlists are on the main computer and I don't want to have to recreate them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
Yup, my daughter and I both have Shuffles and they each sync just fine on my iBook.

It sounds like your Shuffle is confused. You may want to try reloading the iPod system software (iPod Updater) and see if that helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
From the April MacWorld

"Unlike other iPods, the iPod Shuffle is always associated with a particular computer - even if you don't use autofill, that behavior can't be turned off. So be aware that if you configure and load the shuffle from your desktop eMac at home, iTunes will erase its contents when you plug it into your laptop at the office and agree to iTune's request to mount it. You can, however, charge it from another computer by clicking on the No button when asked if you want to link with the current computer's library."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
trpnmonkey41 said:
From the April MacWorld

"Unlike other iPods, the iPod Shuffle is always associated with a particular computer - ...

Interesting article, but it doesn't address the problem ophkw has. :)

It seems she can't sync her iPod Shuffle (HAH!-- DV :) to the same computer that her husband's Shuffle works on.

ophkw, any updates?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
caribiner23 said:
Interesting article, but it doesn't address the problem ophkw has. :)

It seems she can't sync her iPod Shuffle (HAH!-- DV :) to the same computer that her husband's Shuffle works on.

ophkw, any updates?

but she says it works on other computers in her network which means she probably first set it up on the other computers

OP
O

ophkw

trpnmonkey41 said:
but she says it works on other computers in her network which means she probably first set it up on the other computers

Nope my Ipod Shuffle (Sorry not the Ishuffle), was first set up on the first computer. I should have been more clear earlier. Most of our music is on an external hard drive. It will not load any music onto my shuffle from that drive, it will load music from that drive onto my husband's shuffle. Not only does it not load onto my shufflet ,but it then disables that hard drive. Very weird. After days of trying everything ( reinstalling, clearing the shuffle, etc.) I decided on a goof to use a different USB port on that computer. Unbelievabley it works fine now! I don't get it at all, but it's working. Husbands works in the same one it did before and we are good to go. Thanks to all for the suggestions!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.