Monolingual mistake ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBA i7 8ram SSD256
Anyone knows where this file belongs to ? (en_GB 2-42-53.lproj) Used Monolingual to remove all languages except English and now if I try to empty trash I always get the message that this file is being used. I only kept English (no discrimination on type of English, AmE,GB,AUS,...)

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
No, that could be a language file for any application. The easiest way to solve this would be to restart the computer and then attempt to empty the trash.

As an aside for the future (since it's too late now): you're really best off avoiding Monolingual. The space savings are negligible and you're likely to break software down the line.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Agree 100%. I've never thought the space savings was worth the risk of things like this and worse happening. I somewhat understood it in the days of much smaller hard drives but given the size of drives today it's not worth the headache.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBA i7 8ram SSD256
OK, normally I always look around (in the wright places) for reviews and kept the thought that Monolingual was OK. I think it saved me around 1,5 gb space in ML. Now in Yosemite it did´t give me the space saved. From what I googled it´s a localized project folder (2 files inside) regarding language; but up until now haven´t "needed" it.

Reaction score
And it's actually an English file...en_GB - english_Great Britain.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Further if you needed the 1.5GB so critically as to use this so called software, you desperately need a larger hard drive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.