Missing feature from Yosemite?

Reaction score
Hello,
I very recently switched to using a macbook, sorry but ive been using windows most of my life, and so far I am loving Yosemite and the mac experience. One thing that really bugs me though is if you click on an icon in the dock it will bring up the window but then if you click it again nothing will happen (in windows it reminimizes the screen). Does anyone know of an app (preferably) i can download for the app store or a program that will change this?
Thank you,
Adam

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Adam,
When you start using OS X you must approach it with an open mind and realise that it is not windows.
OS X is so much more efficient, but it works a little different ... not that much.

Cheers ... McBie

M

MacInWin

+1 for what McBie said. To minimize, click on the red X in the window and it goes away. The application is still running (you can see the dot below the icon on the Dock) but the window is hidden, which is, I think exactly what you are used to seeing in Windows.

Reaction score
I think you meant the yellow button to minimize. The red button closes the window completely.
The yellow button minimizes the window to the Dock where you can click on it to return it.
Just a note: Does the shift-click yellow button still work in Yosemite? Slo-mo :)

M

MacInWin

Ah, yes, they changed the function of the red button in Yosemite. Yes, shift-yellow is still slo-mo. That's a "feature" I don't think anybody needs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.