• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Min-maxing Portable Video Editing Macbook Pro

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm trying to min-max a potential rig that I can use for portable video editing (undecided on Final Cut or Adobe Premiere, leaning towards Final Cut). I'm not editing anything crazy, mostly 1080p mini-edits or vlogs. My camera does take 4K footage though so likely try to use that as much as possible except for slow-mo stuff. Not really looking to play games.

Currently have a 2013 15" MacBook Pro but it has started to have issues with the hard drive so I'm looking at replacing as the costs to repair/replace are kind of high for a machine that might be replaced in the next couple years anyways. I do travel quite a bit and traveling with the 15" can be quite cumbersome at times (but I love having the real estate sometimes) so I was looking at the 13" MacBook Pros but don't know if the trade off in performance is worth it. These are the two machines I configured on the Apple website and I want to know if anyone has any insight on how the differences (i.e. use of dedicated graphics card, dual-core or quad-core) will affect what I'm trying to accomplish.

Attached are the setups I am considering.

Any insight is great or if you have any ideas on how I should proceed I am all ears! And if I've posted this is the the wrong thread I apologize, first time posting on any forum.

Thanks in advance.

Screen Shot 2017-03-14 at 8.24.56 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-14 at 8.25.08 PM.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.