Microsoft Outlook for Mac

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm using MacBook Pro 2020 Monterey
I am using Microsoft Outlook for Mac version 16.79
I have an issue with notifications.
sometime it works and sometimes it does not.
I noticed that when I 'deep' restart it ... it start to use Alert and Notifications properly.
Hence, my question: how could I reset it?
Note: I don't have admin permission on my MacBook
Thanks

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
What does "deep restart" mean? Do you close Outlook and restart? Check the Outlook settings and ensure that the notifications is being handling by the system settings as opposed to app specific settings.

I used to use the O365 tools in my last job and getting notifications from Outlook/Teams to be consistent was definitely a chore.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
it start to use Alert and Notifications properly.
Hence, my question: how could I reset it?
Note: I don't have admin permission on my MacBook

I don't have an answer for you but as Ashwin said from his experience getting the notifications and alerts working properly can be a real annoyance and PITA.

I don't know why you do not have it been accessed and I don't know if it would change anything or cause any problems but you might want to have a look through some of the Google hits for suggestions of how to fix the problems that others have had to deal with:

And lots more with a Google search to check rather than reposting all the suggestions:

Hopefully, there might be something useful among all the hits.

Good luck.

- Patrick
=======

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks Folks,
Sorry for my wording ... but when I said 'deep restart' ...I thought to kill all running processes or maybe clear cache or etc. I meant something more than simply quit and start app.
I said it because a few times system itself suggested to restart Outlook. I did it and it started to notify me.
I checked Outlooks settings for Alert and Notifications, and it all set correctly.
Anyway .. I will try to look into Google,
Thanks

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
You can close the application. If you want to "deep" anything, just restart the machine.

See if you routinely restarting Outlook with fix the notification issue. It's annoying, I know, but not sure what else to suggest.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini M1 (8gb Memory / 500 gb Hard drive) Running Sonoma 14.0
I have Outlook for Mac as part of the Office Suit, and I am unimpressed, the legacy version will not sync fully with my Sky account, however calendar works fine, and the new version is full of bugs, accounts not connecting, no import export features, calendar does not sync, etc. I have re-installed Outlook, deleted and re-added accounts and the problems persists, and Google searches show that the problems I have are not isolated, with no solutions in sight.

OP
S
Reaction score
Folks,
Nothing helped me ... BUT I found solution LOL ... it's not smart one but it works for me ..
I've change Outlook to 'Legacy Outlook'. it works fine notify me. If I switch back ... it again doesn't work.
Not sure what's the difference between 'Legacy' and last one ... at least visually it does not look so nice ... but it works and notifies me. That was my goal.
Thanks for support

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Folks,
Nothing helped me ... BUT I found solution LOL ... it's not smart one but it works for me ..
I've change Outlook to 'Legacy Outlook'. it works fine notify me. If I switch back ... it again doesn't work.
Not sure what's the difference between 'Legacy' and last one ... at least visually it does not look so nice ... but it works and notifies me. That was my goal.
Thanks for support
Yep, legacy does do most things I need, but still struggles with my Sky email provider, well documented on the inter-webby thing.

OP
S
Reaction score
well ... one caveat of switching to 'Legacy' ... Notification and Alert are working fine but it failed to send message. It stays in 'Outbox' ... not sure what's the reason ... likely need to monitor it. That's weird . Sync did not help ..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
well ... one caveat of switching to 'Legacy' ... Notification and Alert are working fine but it failed to send message. It stays in 'Outbox' ... not sure what's the reason ... likely need to monitor it. That's weird . Sync did not help ..
I have this issue, with messages sitting in my outbox, tried all sorts from re-inputting the password to re-adding the account, then suddenly some hours later all the email went.
This being another reason I gave up with outlook, and moved back to Apple Mail.

OP
S
Reaction score
I have this issue, with messages sitting in my outbox, tried all sorts from re-inputting the password to re-adding the account, then suddenly some hours later all the email went.
This being another reason I gave up with outlook, and moved back to Apple Mail.
Well … it started to work as expected. The only issue that remained is that Badge count doesn’t work. It’s inconvenient but I can’t switch from Outlook because it’s not mine but businesses notebook

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.