Microsoft on Mac-Forums?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Is it my imagination, or did I see a MS Live Search banner across the top of Mac-Forums earlier?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo 2Ghz 768M RAM
Hmm. Couldn't tell ya. I have the adblock and no-script add-ons installed in my firefox.
Wouldn't surprise me, though.. mac-forums [probably] don't have any direct control over the ads served by the banner ad provider.
The ads could be based on the forum content and there's enough switchers, parallels users here to influence the results like that :)

OP
ToddG
Reaction score
I don't think it's a bad thing at all. In fact it's quite poetic, Microsoft money paying to support the Mac-Forum.com site. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
This is all I've been getting on every site for ads.

Picture 7.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
I saw this banner to, i belive that 'vbulletin' or who ever controls mac forums is sponsored by them.

Quite ironic really

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
It wouldn't surprise me if inet were running MS advertisements. Inet have quite a few sites so probably appear to be a good 'investment' for MS.

I've not seen the adds here myself but I have seen MS adds on Linux sites a few times. It's nice that MS want to fund/support our community ;)

Presumably they require more than clicks though - I expect they only pay out on purchases or sign-ups so maybe MS wont get much business from this particular inet site.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
I'm seeing Vista adverts to the top and the right.

Reaction score
My brain automatically ignores and pays absolutely no attention to web site advertisements or anything scrolling or flashing in the form of an advertisement. I just totally ignore them and NEVER click on them!

So no I didn't see it.
git.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
I saw an add the other day at the top of the M-F that said something like "Mac's suck big donkey" er um wrong site. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Considering Microsoft is the largest Mac software developer outside of Apple themselves, I see nothing odd about it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I have a subscription to MacFormat magazine (a great Mac mag from the UK). I always have to do a double take when I see the usual two page ad from Dell along with the "Dell recommends Microsoft Windows" advert in an advert.

This is just wrong on two levels. Dell advertizing PC hardware in a Mac magazine AND advertizing Winblows in a mag dedicated to Mac OS X.

Its a strange, strange world!

Reaction score
I have a subscription to MacFormat magazine (a great Mac mag from the UK). I always have to do a double take when I see the usual two page ad from Dell along with the "Dell recommends Microsoft Windows" advert in an advert.

This is just wrong on two levels. Dell advertizing PC hardware in a Mac magazine AND advertizing Winblows in a mag dedicated to Mac OS X.

Its a strange, strange world!
Hey I guess it's their money. Money not well spent I'd say but hey...whatever.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Ok, before this turns into a further "Windos sux, OS X Roxors LO!!L!L!!!" fest, I'm going to lock this thread. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.