Microsoft Office for Mac

Reaction score
Hi,

recently purchased office for mac, wasn't having any problems with it previously but now it won't open any of the applications, ie excel or word. I'm just getting a message about it quitting unexpectedly and would I like to report it to apple or try again which I did but same again. I restarted the macbook hoping that would sort out any glitch but it's still happening, anyone got any ideas how to rectify the situation.

Many thanks.

Reaction score
Did you do anything to your system before you started getting those messages? Mess around with anything?

OP
Z
Reaction score
No, just doing the usual surfing, it managed to open entourage but not excel, word or powerpoint.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
Also, if you still have the demo version or Office: Mac in your Applications folder or in your Trash, get rid of it completely.

Reaction score
have you used monolingual or anything to remove the powerpc libraries to free up space? i did that and for the life of me, could not figure out why my office (which is NOT universal binary) would not open

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.