microsoft office for mac

Reaction score
I bought office for mac, the licence is for 2 pc's. Already installed on one but now when accessing download link from email get the messageThis XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<Error>
<Code>ResourceNotFound</Code>
<Message>
The specified resource does not exist. RequestId:2d2c4529-0001-0024-0dda-895e5b000000 Time:2014-12-26T11:44:29.6848396Z
</Message>
</Error>
Any ideas why or what to do next?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
I am "assuming" that you only had one download allowed and once it was completed successfully the link was closed. Just guessing here but fairly sure I am correct. If you have the original downloaded file you can move it to the other mac. It should be in your download folder. The license you got should then validate the install.

If you don't have the file, can you contact where you bought it and have them reset the download? They should be willing to do that.

Lisa

OP
K
Reaction score
hi Lisa,
thanks for your reply. The licence was for 2 pc's. I looked for the dmg file originally downloaded but must have deleted it. Will have to get in touch with microsoft now, hopefully they will be able to help. Thanks again, much appreciated.
Kath

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Kathie:

If your license is for 2 Macs, you don't have to ask Microsoft. Just download a copy of Mac Office 2011 from their Mac Office site and activate it on your other Mac with your license code (product key). That's how it works.... I have the 3 Mac version of Office 2011 and my product key will activate on 3 Macs as long as the version of Mac Office is the same. In other words, if you purchased the 2 Mac version of Home and Student, then, that's the version you need to download from MS.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
C

chas_m

Yes. For a long time, the boxed retail version of MS Office for home/student included three license keys. That ended quite some time ago, I'm not sure exactly when but I assume with Office 2011, the most recent version. Now the Home version has only one license.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I'm not sure exactly when but I assume with Office 2011, the most recent version. Now the Home version has only one license.

You're right about that. Both the Home and Student and Home and Business editions are currently both one license deals despite a difference in price. I haven't bothered to compare all of the differences between those versions. Office 365 Personal licenses one computer and one tablet. Office 365 University licenses 2 devices.

Microsoft Office for Mac - Microsoft Store

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The difference between the "Home and Student" version and the "Home and Business" versions is the inclusion of Outlook 2011 in the "Home and Business" version. However, it appears that with Mac Office 2015, Outlook will no longer be an option but rather is going to be sold separately. Most folks don't really need Outlook anyway as there are other Mail - Pim applications which are up to the job. The free Mozilla Thunderbird is one.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I thought that is what the difference was but didn't bother to re-check. That's what it was when I purchased but they seem to periodically change the licensing and what's included - especially on the Windows side.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.