Microsoft Maps in Safari?

Reaction score
Hi. When I used to have a PC (I have a Mac Pro with OSX now) I used to use a free site which I think was called Microsoft maps, or Live Local. I think it's at http://maps.live.com/
I preferred it to Google earth because of the 3D images - only it just won't load or work on my Mac. Any reasons/plug-ins?
Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 4gig,Mac OS X Maverick, Macbook Intel 2gig, iPhone 3G
Live Search Maps in 2D mode requires Microsoft Internet Explorer 6, Internet Explorer 7, or Mozilla Firefox 2.0.

Virtual Earth 3D (Beta) requires the following:

Windows XP with SP2, Windows Server 2003, or Windows Vista
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
Windows Imaging Component
The 32-bit or 64-bit version of Internet Explorer 6, Internet Explorer 7, or Firefox 2.0
250 MB or more of hard disk space
A 1.0-gigahertz (GHz) processor (2.8 GHz or faster is recommended)
256 MB of system memory (1 GB is recommended)
A 32-MB video card (256 MB is recommended) that supports Microsoft DirectX 9, with 3D hardware acceleration enabled
A high-speed or broadband Internet connection
Notes
Safari may perform correctly in 2D mode, but it's not supported.
Virtual Earth 3D (Beta) is currently supported in the United States, Canada, Great Britain, France, Italy, India, Australia, and Japan. Check back later to see if Virtual Earth 3D (Beta) has been released in your country or region.
For more information about Windows Imaging Component, see the Windows Imaging Component website.
If you have a multiple-monitor hardware configuration, we recommend that you view Virtual Earth 3D on your primary monitor to avoid possible performance issues.
Three-dimensional data is available for the whole world. However, 3D buildings aren't available for every city. To find out where 3D buildings are available, visit the Current 3D Cities website. This website is available in English only.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.