Micro SD Cards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air (13-inch, 2017).Processor 1.8GHz intel core i5.Memory 8gb 16000MHZDDR3.Graphics intel HD
Good day to all you helpful people.
Been given a 128gb small sad card. My mate said I I could beta transcend adaptor from Amazon the I would have 128gb extra internal storage. This Transcend fits into the sad card reader on the side of my MacBook Air.
Another question about the above if it works would it be okay to transfer all items from my personal folder the folder with my name over to the transcend card to save some space..
Transcend adaptor in Is in https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00WGARJIS/.
Thanks.

OP
Tomos
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air (13-inch, 2017).Processor 1.8GHz intel core i5.Memory 8gb 16000MHZDDR3.Graphics intel HD
Heading should've been SD Card.
ThankYou all who read my posting.It was just a silly question on my behalf.
Sorry for the inconvenience
David.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Not a silly question. Yes it would be ok to transfer files to the card and delete them from your hard drive. You should also have another backup of the files in case the card is lost or becomes corrupted. I have three backups of my files.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Sounds like you are wanting to move the files to the SD card permanently and not as a backup. Is this correct?

This can be done though I'll have to depend on others to provide any practical experience with it. I think the last method I saw involved creating symbolic links between the original file location on the internal drive to the new location on the SD card. You must make sure the card is in place when the machine is running.

OP
Tomos
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Backup really.
Many thanks to all.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.