Mermory for ibook G4

V

varpunk

Hello,

I want to upgrade the memory in my G4 ibook. the memory off the apple site is quite expensive. Can you use any memory that is 512mb SODIMM PC2100 200pin or dos it have to be from a certain manufacturer?

OP
H

HazelGirl

does putting non apple memory in the mac notebooks void the applecare warranty??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
HazelGirl said:
does putting non apple memory in the mac notebooks void the applecare warranty??

Not unless the memory or installation causes the damage. Apple doesn't manufacturer its memory anyway, so technicaly all memory is "non-Apple". Try checking out MacSolutions.com - I had a good experience purchasing my RAM there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0ghz 15" Core Duo MBP
Memory...

I purchased my memory from an online company called Omni-technologies [http://omnitechnologies.biz/]. Great ram at a great price w/ fast shipping and friendly service. Can't beat that :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.