Member of the Month - January 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Why only the 5 days to vote ?? Just curious as to the thinking on this decision ??? Is it so the winner has near on a full month as MOTM ?

Why do you need more?

If the President of the United States can be elected on one Tuesday, I'm pretty sure the MoTM voting can be done in a few days. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just a thought....
I think we need notifications sent to all members to vote.
The only reason I knew about this is that another member told me.

Sheesh Brent, I didn't think it would be so obvious :D

We post it here, we announce it in announcements, it's also shared on Twitter and Facebook multiple times. Oh, and it's in most mod's signatures. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
We post it here, we announce it in announcements, it's also shared on Twitter and Facebook multiple times. Oh, and it's in most mod's signatures. :)

Hmmm... thanks for that friendly reply :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hmmm... thanks for that friendly reply :)

We're also striving to get the poll up on the 1st of every month so that may help as a reminder also.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Our community is made up of all kinds of different people, and all of them have the right to feel comfortable. Others may not think the way that you think, believe what you believe, know what you know, or see what you see. Always be polite and respectful in your interactions with others.

Maybe this needs to be read into a little more thoroughly?

Not feeling very comfortable or welcome based on the responses to my original post of:
Just a thought....
I think we need notifications sent to all members to vote.
The only reason I knew about this is that another member told me.

Not trying to start a war here, but double standards really seem to be at play!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Maybe this needs to be read into a little more thoroughly?

Not feeling very comfortable or welcome based on the responses to my original post of:

Not trying to start a war here, but double standards really seem to be at play!

I'm not seeing any issue, I think you're reading something into the post that's not there.

What were you expecting the response to be? Both cwa and I explained where things are announced today. Not sure how else we could have done so to make you feel more comfortable?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm not seeing any issue, I think you're reading something into the post that's not there.

What were you expecting the response to be? Both cwa and I explained where things are announced today. Not sure how else we could have done so to make you feel more comfortable?

I read your post quite differently to cwa's post, but hey, I guess it's all in the eyes of the beholder :)
I'll drop it, as I have derailed this thread too much already...

Sorry MOM contenders, I really didn't mean to put a negative slur on this thread, and I hope that all these posts are deleted in order to bring it back to the topic of MOM votes and comments.

I'll leave it with a high note for you all....

There was once a young man who, in his youth, professed his desire to become a great writer.
When asked to define great he said, I want to write stuff that the whole world will read, stuff that people will react to on a truly emotional level, stuff that will make them scream, cry, howl in pain and anger!

He now works for Microsoft, writing error messages. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
He now works for Microsoft, writing error messages. :p

That is a highly skilled job you know. It takes real brains to think up of different names for every error message. And there is a lot of them to do :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook (late '08)
Always vote for the little guy. ;D Always

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Cast my vote as well...good luck to everyone! :)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
So ?? Who will it be ?? Congratulations to the winner :)

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I think some simple math will tell you :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Congrats to the8thark for being January MoTM!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Congratulations "the8thark" a well deserved MoTH title!:)

(outdated link removed)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I think some simple math will tell you :p

Oh yes it would, but i really hate to jump to conclusions, .... ...... Was waiting for the postal votes to come in to be honest ;P

Congrats the the ark !!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Oh yes it would, but i really hate to jump to conclusions ...... Was waiting for the postal votes to come in ;P

Yeah just like our last national (Australian) elections. The postal votes did decide the outcome.

Thank you to everyone that voted for me. And to the other nominees and members on these Mac-Forums. Sure being accepted and voted ad Member of the Month is nice. But to me the biggest reward is seeing all the thank you posts. Be it thank you for some Apple news or thank you for for helping with my Mac issue. Simply because that means we as a forum community helped someone else learn a little more about their Apple product or learn more about Apple as a company.

It doesn't matter if you want to answer a "help me" post but someone else beat you to it and you don't post. The good intentions were there. And I'm sure if that particular question was not already answered you would have done so. All that matters is someone answered the question and helped the person out. But in saying that, a 2nd opinion from another member is always nice :).

And to me knowing that is the best reward of all.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Congratulations on a well deserved honor.

OP
cwa107

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
It's about time! Congrats, the8thark!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.