mds-crash-state? What's wrong!?

Reaction score
Wherever you take it, they won't know what to do. It probably has to be hooked up to another computer using Firewire and Target Mode, giving the other computer access to the files. But I've never done that with a machine whose problem disk isn't spinning. I'm not sure how they'd do that.

The only other thing you can do yourself is wipe the drive with a full erase and install. But you'd lose everything.

OP
T
Reaction score
Thank you so much, Brown. You have been a great help. I'm finally back from school for the summer. I had one more week left, and that's why I stopped replying.

It turns out that we purchased the Apple Care plan for 3 years so I'm still covered there. Are they pretty good? My friend tells me that there a Mac Resource Store here in town, so that's a load off, too. I'm feeling a bit better, and I should have to time to go try to deal with it within the week.

Thanks again for all your help. This won't be my last post.
-Tyler

PS - I'd be glad to edit that post, but I can't seem to figure out how.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
PS - I'd be glad to edit that post, but I can't seem to figure out how.

You can only edit posts in the 24 hours after submitting them. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.