MBP 13" touchbar + Boot Camp + Windows 10 = wifi issues

Reaction score
Both 2.4ghz and 5ghz wifi connection works fine in OS X but when I boot to Windows 10 via Boot Camp I am getting issues. Connecting to 2.4ghz would result in really slow internet speed and I am not able to connect to 5ghz at all.

What should I do?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I noticed you posted this same question on MacRumors. Welcome to our forums.

The first thing to do is check with Apple to see if there is an update to the Boot Camp drivers for your machine. Also make sure your router|modem has the latest firmware installed. Since the TouchBar MacBook Pro machines are so new, there are bound to be some glitches especially when trying to run Windows. Unfortunately, your machine will only support Windows 10 64bit via Boot Camp so you really have no other choice if you need to run Windows. There is always the choice of running Windows in a virtual machine but if you're a gamer or need the better graphics support, Boot Camp dual booting is the best way to go.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.