MB or MBP dilemma

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
uMBP 2.66/4GB/320GB; iMac 2.66Ghz/4GB/320GB; Apple TV; Black iPhone 3G 16GB
Hi all,

Would you buy a brand-new/sealed box unibody 15" 2.66Ghz MBP for $2k if you already had a last-gen 2.4Ghz black MB (4GB/250GB)?

The reason that I ask is it seems like a tempting offer (esp. b/c of the larger screen and faster graphics), but I have no idea what to do w/ my black macbook if I get the MBP.

Also, I get pretty stellar battery life on the Macbook (4-5hrs on avg) so I'm unsure how much juice the MBP would use in comparison.

Thanks!

JG

Reaction score
If you're happy with the Macbook then no, I wouldn't. If you really think you'll be happier with the newer machine and larger screen and have the means to buy it, then sure!

You could sell your current rig for a pretty penny on craigslist or ebay.

OP
JuanGuapo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
uMBP 2.66/4GB/320GB; iMac 2.66Ghz/4GB/320GB; Apple TV; Black iPhone 3G 16GB
Thx for your insight. Yeah--I'm thinking I'll just stick w/ what I've got. I recently had most of the plastics replaced on it (cracking) and it looks brand-new, plus I have applecare for 2 more years.

Thinking about it The MBP is nice, yet I think I could just as easily buy a refurb later on from Apple directly for that price.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Yeah, I would keep what you have until it either breaks down completely or it no longer is useful.
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4GHz 250GB/G4 iPod 20GB/iPod Touch 32GB/iPod Shuffle 1GB
I agree with MYmacROX, if what you have works for you then don't go messing with it. If a larger screen and the better graphics are really worth $2k then go for it, but I don't think there is enough differences to justify the price.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.