• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

MB and MBP... Interesting Info

Reaction score
Hello, I don't know if it is relevant or not but you can go to the Apple website and put any variation of the Macbook in your cart and schedule overnight delivery for it.

Reaction score
I just bought mine and I don't really care if a new one comes out. I doubt it's going to be something so significantly different to make me worry. Sure, it's going to have some nice features, but what new model doesn't? Mine will still work and do what it needs to do. :D

OP
flilow06
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2ghz SR!
Also does the Apple Care warranty cover the battery for extra 2 years?

The plan does not cover:

"Consumable parts, such as batteries, except in respect of battery coverage under APP for iPod or unless failure has occurred due to a defect in materials and workmanship."

Hello, I don't know if it is relevant or not but you can go to the Apple website and put any variation of the Macbook in your cart and schedule overnight delivery for it.

Apple themselves will have more than enough stock to have to sell through them should new models arrive.

Reaction score
I just bought mine and I don't really care if a new one comes out. I doubt it's going to be something so significantly different to make me worry. Sure, it's going to have some nice features, but what new model doesn't? Mine will still work and do what it needs to do. :D

Yea it looks like if anything new were to come out it would only be the new intel chip which is still core 2 duo but a little bit faster it probably not very noticeable. Why would Apple come out with a new MB just for the new chipset when they still want to implement LED backlit, possibly flash memory, and of course leopard. That would mean Apple would have to release 2 different Macbooks in the same year in respect to Leopard coming out in Oct and Santa Rosa now?!? Doesn't make sense.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
I just thought you guys might like to know...

I work at one of the "big box" retail stores that sells Apple products. I checked our systems today, and as of 4/30/07 the Macbook's and Macbook Pro's have "deleted" status, meaning discontinued. This lets us know that once we get rid of all the computers in stock, we can sell the floor displays to make room for new models. I'm getting excited about those new models! :Mischievous:

Please take this info lightly as I'm only reporting what's in the system. It's usually pretty accurate... but you never know what it could mean.

Just wanted to give you some credit.. you were right! Update on the MacBooks came today... Great job! Thanks for sharing!

OP
flilow06
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2ghz SR!
Just wanted to give you some credit.. you were right! Update on the MacBooks came today... Great job! Thanks for sharing!

Hey thanks man... no problem. Now lemme see that MBP update!

Releasing the MB's a month before WWDC gives Apple an ample amount of cushion time to release the MBP's at WWDC. The idea that Jobs will announce a new MBP lineup at WWDC suggests that he would introduce them as the first Apple computers to use LED technology, and throw in Santa Rosa as well. What do you guys think? Logical or wishful thinking?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | Black | 2.16gHz | 2gb ram | 160 HDD
Yea, flilow06 id like do give you your due credit as well, great prediction.

Releasing the MB's a month before WWDC gives Apple an ample amount of cushion time to release the MBP's at WWDC. The idea that Jobs will announce a new MBP lineup at WWDC suggests that he would introduce them as the first Apple computers to use LED technology, and throw in Santa Rosa as well. What do you guys think? Logical or wishful thinking?

i think you are right. i don;t think they'll update the macbooks anymore, or at least until the current cycle is over. The new santa rosa chips are mainly intended for business use, and they probably want to differentiate and justify the cost of the MBP over the macbooks, so having the same price would be illogical. The new macbooks with specs they have now are perfect for consumers like me who are just using it for school and entertainment. I definately think they released it today (a month before WWDC closes) to set up the new release for the MBPs; so in short definately LEDs and Santa Rosa in one month

edit...: im not a user yet..hopefully will be before or after graduation..just wanna be part of the community...lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB
I see new MBP's coming along at WWDC, but not with LED's and Santa Rosa. I'd bet on one or the other.

OP
flilow06
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2ghz SR!
New info!

Out of stock date for new Macbooks is 10/30. Just in time for Leopard! :D

Anyone think those Leopard models will have hardware upgrades? Or do you guys think that's it for the MB's this year...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini w/ 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
I could buy that they'll have hardware upgrades.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | Black | 2.16gHz | 2gb ram | 160 HDD
im sure macbooks will get rosa around october, they have to...or they may wait for the new chips which release early 08....interesting..

Reaction score
im sure macbooks will get rosa around october, they have to...or they may wait for the new chips which release early 08....interesting..

They got an update today, nVidia graphics, LED backlit, and SR. I knew this was gonna happen because when we sold out at Comp they weren't sending us anymore.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini w/ 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM

Wow...look october is here 4 months early! ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB
I see new MBP's coming along at WWDC, but not with LED's and Santa Rosa. I'd bet on one or the other.

Well I was pretty darn close.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.