Maxing out iTunes on iPad

Reaction score
Needless to say, my iMac can hold much more music than my iPad. I've limited what's in my iMac's iTunes library so as not to max out my iPad when synching. Is there a way to arrange things so I can have all the music I want on my iMac but select a subset for the iPad to synch to?

M

MacInWin

Yes. Connect your device. Start iTunes. Select your device under "Devices" in the left column. In the right window, deselect "Entire Music library" and choose "Selected Playlists, artists, albums and genres." Now pick what you want synced in the lower windows.

C

chas_m

If its worth $25/year to you, iTunes Match can put your entire music library in the cloud, so your iPhone can stream any song you own (up to 25,000 non-iTunes-purchased songs, plus unlimited iTunes purchases). You can also store songs locally on the iPhone for when you're away from the internet (or don't want to use cellular for this purpose). You also get iTunes Radio without ads. Not a bad deal if you ask me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.