Mail Version 4.6 (1085)

Reaction score
I have OSX 10.6.8 on my I-Mac.
Three years ago a friend put a picture on my Mail which appears at the end of the the subject box on outgoing e-mails. As I have lost touch with my friend how do I delete the pic or add a new one?

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
If I can recall as far back as SL, and it is probably the same now, the photo is the one associated with your Mac account.

Go to System Preferences, then Users & Groups. Click on your name and you should see the same photo associated with it. You can drag & drop any photo you like on to the image square. In fact, it can be almost any sort of image you want as long as it is in JPEG format.

That's how you change the old for the new.

Please post back—success or not.

Ian

OP
E
Reaction score
Thanks Ian - I tried this today and dragged a new picture into the frame but it has not changed the outgoing picture !!

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Thanks Ian - I tried this today and dragged a new picture into the frame but it has not changed the outgoing picture !!

Here are a couple of things to check. Do them in the order listed.

1. In that Users & Groups preference pane (Accounts in some versions of OS X IIRC) check the padlock at the bottom of the preference pane. If it is locked unlock it by clicking the padlock and entering an administrator password.
2. If you cannot drag a new picture in place try double-clicking the picture. That should bring up a dialog that lets you select a new picture.
3. You may or may not need to close System Preferences for the picture change to "stick".

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.