Mail V8.1 - Contacts

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) macOS 10.14, 3.8 GHz Intel Core i5, 16 GB RAM
With Mail iOS 8.1 I am not able to add contacts to a new email within the Mail program like I use to. I use to be able to double click within the TO field and my contact list would pop up. I would then highlight several contacts and then drag all of them over to the TO line. Now, I can only add one contact at a time...within Mail. Now if I want to input multiple contacts I have to open up the Contact App, highlight multiple contacts and then drag them into the TO field. Additionally, it seems I am limited on how many contacts I can drag into the field. Before it seemed there was no limit.
Mail on my iPhone seems to have slowed down as well. Deleting Inbox mails, it sometimes takes an hour for those deleted emails to show up in the trash folder.
Any help greatly appreciated.
Stan

M

MacInWin

When you are in the To: field, a "+" shows up on the right side, click that to open contacts directly. You will need to add addressees one at a time, but you can create Groups within contacts if you have groups of addresses you use together regularly. I've not hit a limit, but I do use groups, so maybe there is one.

As for the deleting, what mail provider are you using? Sounds like a server-side problem to me.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) macOS 10.14, 3.8 GHz Intel Core i5, 16 GB RAM
I have created folders containing multiple email addresses, but I cannot drag that folder to the 'To' line, and can only add one email at a time within that folder as well. A real pain. And yes, I go hit the '+' symbol. Don't have that problem using the Contacts.app. Any other ideas???
Appreciate your response.

M

MacInWin

In Contacts, you create a "Group" of the names you want in a distribution list. Then from Mail, select that Group and the entire list comes in. I don't know what you did to create "folders" but you cannot drag lists to the address line.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.