Mail tasks very slow or stalls

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
10.5.8, 2.66Ghz INtel Core 2 Duo, 3GB 800 Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
I've noticed the past few weeks that when trying to send mail it responds very slow I sometimes get the spinning beach ball but it eventually sends after about 3-4 seconds. Also, the cursor speed when typing lags waaaaay behind my typing & I'm not the fastest typer by any means.

Is anyone else experiencing this & any suggestions on how to fix?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4Ghz, 2Gb, 160HDD & 10.6.2 / Aluminum Keybaord & Mighty Mouse / WD MyBook 1TB
1. Apple Icon (top left corner of screen) > Software Update
Always first and foremost.

2. Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility > *Click your HD* > Repair
See if that helps things speed up a little bit on your system.

3. System Preferences > Keyboard and Mouse > *Change the speeds on both 'Key Repeat' and 'Delay Until' settings.*
This may help with you typing problem.

If you have any more trouble shoot me an instant message on iChat or PM me. You can find my info here on my profile at M-F. Good luck and welcome to Mac-Forums! I'll take some screen shots of my Preferences and then send them your way if the problem persists but honestly in my personal opinion... It's problem your network. Have you tried sending the mail while connected to a different network or looked for a difference between connected via ethernet/airport. Also try resetting your router and modem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.