Mail program won't send since Yosemite

C

chas_m

I'm not having any problems with Mail, but OTOH I'm not really using my Gmail account anymore and thus haven't connected it.

As far as printer drivers go, please see every year in which Apple released an OS update. Despite months of advance notice and infinite resources from Apple, many printer developers only seem to start working on printer drivers when they start getting tons of complaint mail from users ... and never before.

So, bonus points to Epson for having a driver update for my model provided through Apple on day one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
I second Epson being on the ball my XP-610 is working great with 10.10.

Reaction score
Same problem with BTINTERNET accounts both POP and IMAP. It was working for a couple of days OK after the Y upgrade and now I can only receive mails. Gone through all the account settings, deleted one account and set it up again, re-boot etc. I know its not an ISP issue because I can send off iPhone and iPad.

Suppose a call to Apple?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
The problem is the SMTP server, and I have no idea what to do about that, although now I can see the advanced setting.
Welcome to the club - it's frustrating.

Do you have any luck if you try a different mail client?

OP
Scotex89
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 11" early 2015, 1.6 GHZ, 8GB; 85/250GB ; iPad Mini, iPhone SE. Mac User since 1984!
All of my emails are now working. I had to reinstall the sbcglobal one manually because it didn't work if I clicked on Yahoo to install it automatically. But they can all now send as well as receive.

I updated from Lion to Yosemite. Could that be why I was able to fix the problem. Did some of the newer systems have different Apple Mail clients from the one I was using? Grasping at straws here.

By the way I hate that Safari now autocorrects text. How do I stop it automatically doing it.

OP
Scotex89
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 11" early 2015, 1.6 GHZ, 8GB; 85/250GB ; iPad Mini, iPhone SE. Mac User since 1984!
I think I might have solved the auto correct. System preferences --> keyboard

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Scotex89 I think you are correct System Preferences > Keyboard > Text and unclick "Correct Spelling Automatically". That should work system wide. Well done working that out.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
I still have reservations about Apple Mail as an email client so I ran AirMail as a second email client just to compare the two. I ended up liking it so much that I switched full time.
There is a free Beta version at the moment if you're interested in testing it.

Last edited:
OP
Scotex89
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I still have reservations about Apple Mail as an email client so I ran AirMail as a second email client just to compare the two. I ended up liking it so much that I switched full time.
There is a free Beta version at the moment if you're interested in testing it.

I think I'd like to try it. Where can I download it? But does it also run on iPhone and iPad? If not, it might be more bother than it is worth.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Retina 5K, 27" ; 3.5GHz i5; late 2014, iPhone 6+, iPad2, iPod60
Mail Issues

I tried a lot of things but this is what worked.

Delete the account from which you cannot send mail in "Mail Accounts".

Quit Mail

Open Mail

Open a "NEW" account with the same email address and password. Everything should show up i.e. old mail and you should be able to once again send mail. :

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.