Mail mystery

krs

Reaction score
But e-email client rules should still work I would think.

Well -the fact is that email client worked just fine until a couple of weeks ago, so the fact that it is "ancient" would only be an issue if ATT made some change on their end to somehow make this version of Apple Mail incompatible.

Reaction score
Not sure where to post this so trying here. All of a sudden my wife's iMac is not receiving mail. I know she should be receiving but nothing new for more than 48 hours. When we log into the internet account and click on mail there are several new messages but they are not being received in Mail (the Mac app).. Her machine is rather old and is at Mail 4.6 but as said it was working quite well until 2 days ago.

Checked junk mail and the messages are not going there.

Suggestions please

poppi

I don't normally post in threads with lots of replies because there is the potential for confusion but the confusion is already here, so, if your mind has not glazed over, here's my tuppenceworth.

You don't say whether the connection is successful.

Try the Connection Doctor to make sure the connection is being made OK.

I'll assume you've looked in the Junk Mail?

If the connection is OK, and if the Mailbox is set up as IMAP, the synchronisation problems can often occur, particularly with gmail. I have often had mail accounts not synchronise properly. If this is the case then remaking the mail account is probably a good next step as it should force a new synchronisation.

Can you report back with the mail provider?

By the way ignore the 'it's too old' comments, nothing has changed significantly with mail protocols since Snow Leopard so there's no reason why it wouldn't work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Chris P, the answer to most of your questions are in the preceding pages but the ISP is ATT mentioned a few times. What we didn't get an answer to was krs question back in post #9, is Mail sending mail? If so then the connection is okay.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.