Made the switch... 3 hours ago!

Reaction score
Just wanted to post a thankyou to everyone on these forums for useful helpful and above all patient advice.

I have my new MacBook, the white 2ghz version. It's compact, cute, and quick. And more importantly hasn't crashed since I first turned it on lol.

Looking forward very much to working on it in the future too.

Thanks again all!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16ghz c2d BlacBook 160gbHD 1gbRAM
hey i'm thinkin about whether i should make the switch now or in august lol....i'm so **** anxious to have one of these tho

OP
diginik
Reaction score
hey i'm thinkin about whether i should make the switch now or in august lol....i'm so **** anxious to have one of these tho

I pondered the same question, but in all honesty, if i could do it again, i would. I can always upgrade, and sitting here, in the garden, with the kids asleep, using my little baby....very cool!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb
Congrats. I'll be doing that myself in about 48 hours. I'm jealous that I still have to wait two days. =)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
Congrats! You can always upgrade and personally I love Tiger =) How much memory do you have?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Congrat, from a fellow switcher. Enjoy the power and superiourity of the Apple.

DOn't forget seat belts :D

OP
diginik
Reaction score
Do you know, I cant remember how much memory it said it had on the tin.

It was a bog standard macbook, no frills, so I'm guessing it was 1 gig. Funky little bit in the back of the instruction book on how to upgrade, so i guess that if I ever need more, it should be a doddle!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.33Ghz Core2Duo, 2Gb Ram, 120Gb HardDisk, X1600 256Mb & I LOVE Every Inch of her
congrats on ur new and very smart purchase :)

oh, there will be alot of things that you will "miss" from Windows OS, there will...

I'm working side by side with a Vista... and it's only been a few days, and I have already lost count of how many time I want to just every so accidently sweep the other new laptop sitting beside me to the ground

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.0 GHz CD, 20" iMac 2.16 C2D, Blackbook 2.16 GHz C2D
As far as waiting or buying in August goes, I personally would wait until the WWDC in June. If i don't hear anything new at the point I would pull the trigger. It isn't that far off from now. That being said I already have a Mac and if i didn't would be far more tempted to run out and get one.

M

MacHeadCase

Do you know, I cant remember how much memory it said it had on the tin.

It was a bog standard macbook, no frills, so I'm guessing it was 1 gig. Funky little bit in the back of the instruction book on how to upgrade, so i guess that if I ever need more, it should be a doddle!

To see how much RAM your MacBook has, just go to the blue Apple Logo in the menubar and in the drop-down select About this Mac. It'll tell you which OS version it has and how much RAM...

Clicking on More Info... lists everything there is in your Mac.

Congratulations on your MacBook, btw. :girl:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz C2D MacBook 2GB RAM 80GB HD
Congrats. I haven't had to turn off my MacBook ever since I bought it except for the time I had to upgrade the RAM. Other than that I have restarted the thing about 3 times due to OSX updates.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | Black | 2.16gHz | 2gb ram | 160 HDD

yea man me too, but im waiting for the new Intel chip....

AND i heard now that the laptops have only a certain amount of recharges and I'm like ***....any one help me out here and clear any misconceptions?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
All rechargeable batteries only have a certain life expectancy. Don't really know what that is with our Mac's, hasn't been a concern. Just usin' and enjoyin'. If there was a problem with Apple batteries compared to anyone else's it'd be all over the news and the forums.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | Black | 2.16gHz | 2gb ram | 160 HDD
yea, but when my battery does die does that mean that i have to completely replace the laptop or can i just get a new battery?

anddd if i leave my laptop plugged into the power outlet most of the time will it reduce the time it takes for the battery to cycle out and die?

OP
diginik
Reaction score
To see how much RAM your MacBook has, just go to the blue Apple Logo in the menubar and in the drop-down select About this Mac. It'll tell you which OS version it has and how much RAM...

Clicking on More Info... lists everything there is in your Mac.

Congratulations on your MacBook, btw. :girl:

Ahhh... takes a bit getting used to how things work lol. Ok yeah I got 1 gig of ram. Thanks for that!

So loving the mac already, and my new 24 meg broadband kicked in today so I feel like rocketman at the moment.... go me!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2,33GHz C2D 2GB RAM 256MB video + LCD Samsung 20" 206BW + Maxtor OneTouch III 500GB
Congrats. I haven't had to turn off my MacBook ever since I bought it except for the time I had to upgrade the RAM. Other than that I have restarted the thing about 3 times due to OSX updates.

So, do you have you macbook turned on all the time?

I used to do it with my desktop, but I'm just afraid of letting my baby up while I'm away...lol

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.