MacOS Ventura Installer broken: All dmg files won’t install.

Hendrik-Pienaar

Reaction score
Hi All.

Thank you for a great forum.

I am running Ventura 15.3 on an unsupported iMac 14,2 with OCLP. The system was running perfectly until I now have run into an ugly little problem. Thought there's enough smart people and experience floating around here to state my problem.

MACOS Ventura Installer broken: All dmg files won’t install.

All dmg files downloaded in Safari or Chrome will not complete with standard Installer, although associated correctly, all dmg icons have changed to
Screenshot 2023-08-30 at 09.24.36.png
Error posted: The operation couldn’t be completed. (com.apple.installer.pagecontroller error -1.)

Installer(Version 6.2.0 (1131)) stays open after error window acknowledgment. Apple iStore downloads not affected. Security setting: App Store and identified developers are selected in Privacy & Security. Confirmed the correct association with dmg files it is, the official Installer app.

I have tried to find a solution short from a full reinstall, with no luck. All other os functions seems normal. Can I get this Installer file from somewhere? And just replace it? Maybe SIP related issue??

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.