MacOS- App update page in HTML format

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
No I do not recommend CMM just helping the OP understand the App Store does not automatically update everything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
No I do not recommend CMM just helping the OP understand the App Store does not automatically update everything.

OK, just wondering and checking. thanks Harry.

- Patrick
=======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 2017 Monterey, iMac 27 Mid 2011 High Sierra, MacBook Pro Retina 15 inch Mid 2015 Catalina
I have exactly this same problem on my mid-2011 iMac on HS. I think it started a few months ago.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have exactly this same problem on my mid-2011 iMac on HS. I think it started a few months ago.

JFWIW, that Apple webpage shows exactly as it always has on my mid-2011 27" iMac booted and running on Mac OS Mavericks 10.9.5. No viewing or display problems at all. Not even if I click on the "show incompatible application updates" option button. Everything shows as normally expected.

- Patrick
=======

Reaction score
I am currently running MacOS high Sierra on a Mid 2011 iMac. For the past 6 months, when I select the App icon and go to updates on the top, the page is in a HTML format. The other tabs in the APPs program display correctly.

I have worked with my Antivirus support team(bitdefender) and Apple support with no resolution. I have also searched on line and various forum sites to no avail.
Reaching out to see if I can get help here.

Has anyone seen this and have any suggestions?
Hello, I have never face this before but I would suggest first to uninstall all antivirus apps since we don't need when using Mac OS. I think Mac Developer will be able to help by using terminal. So goto: Support - Apple Developer

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Hello, I have never face this before but I would suggest first to uninstall all antivirus apps since we don't need when using Mac OS. I think Mac Developer will be able to help by using terminal. So goto: Support - Apple Developer
I don't think that's the issue. The OP has already removed such software and I wasn't running it when I encountered this issue.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Just FYI, it looks just like the OP's example on my 2011 MacBook running High Sierra. It displays compatible and incompatible updates and works perfectly, it just looks odd. The Apps pages however display as expected it's just the Updates page that is affected. It's not a functional issue.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Just FYI, it looks just like the OP's example on my 2011 MacBook running High Sierra. It displays compatible and incompatible updates and works perfectly, it just looks odd. The Apps pages however display as expected it's just the Updates page that is affected. It's not a functional issue.

I'm a bit confused as to what's going on. That screen cap by the OP is supposed to be of the App Store? And it lists the actual App Store app? That makes no sense and has never happened before. Same for showing the Calculator app that comes bundled with the OS. And take a look at the icon for Antivirus for Mac. That's an alias. Is this a screen cap of the App Store, or a 3rd party app that checks for updates, like the one from MacUpdate.com?

EDIT: I dug around a little bit on the App Store. The icon for Antivirus for Mac is actually the one for a listing called Virus Scanner Plus. That really is an alias in the screen cap, and the App Store wouldn't be showing an update based on an alias named differently from the official app. Whatever that screen cap is from, it quite clearly is NOT of the App Store. Unless Apple has just completely lost their minds, which would be epic in this regard.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air Retina (2019) & Macbook Pro Retina both on osMac 12, iMac 27' on os Mac 10.15.7
I'll further define what you said: CMM can be useful if used by a savvy person; one who understands what needs to be cleaned and or removed. The problem with CMM is that it's marketed as the "fix all" and used mostly by novice Mac owners. That can lead to disaster.
I've been using CleanMyMac for several years with no problems. However, like a new osMac upgrade, you have to learn how to use it, there are several functions of CMM that I never use. I see Apple is planning to bring in a new os, which is currently being beta tested. I was just about mastering Catalina when Big Sur was introduced. IMO. Apple change their os far too often. A new os does not mean your Mac will run better, although Apple often insists it will.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
@Lifeisabeach, I think you will find the top screen shot is a view of the OP's Applications Folder in icon view, you can just see on the top left the incomplete screen title "ations".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
@Lifeisabeach, I think you will find the top screen shot is a view of the OP's Applications Folder in icon view, you can just see on the top left the incomplete screen title "ations".

Huh, I see now what confused me. The first two screen caps looked like a single one. I actually had to open the first one in a new window before I realized it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air Retina (2019) & Macbook Pro Retina both on osMac 12, iMac 27' on os Mac 10.15.7
I will not be upgrading to the latest osMac 12 Monteray until it's it's released by Apple as a full upgrade, not a beta. Expected in the fall.

I have had some bad news, I have blood cancer, non Hodkin Lymphoma ( a type of leukaemia) Sadly, I have had to close my lawyer account, so excuse me if you've emailed there and had no reply in the forum, but I'm exhausted. Members can reach me here using private mail if they need to email me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Sorry to hear the diagnosis, Jim. You might want to remove your email address as robots do skim boards for email addresses to add to spam lists.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I will not be upgrading to the latest osMac 12 Monteray until it's it's released by Apple as a full upgrade, not a beta. Expected in the fall.

I have had some bad news, I have blood cancer, non Hodkin Lymphoma ( a type of leukaemia) Sadly, I have had to close my lawyer account, so excuse me if you've emailed there and had no reply in the forum, but I'm exhausted. Members can reach me here using private mail if they need to email me.
Thanks to the moderator who removed my email addresses. As you say they can always send a private mail.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
@Jim40 The decision to hold off on upgrading till the final release is probably a good one. The beta release has been stable for me, but beta software always has risks involved.

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Hopefully, there will be some good news on the horizon.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid 2011 iMac- High Sierra
Well this is very strange. I've tried all suggestions from everybody that contributed to no avail. I have been away for a couple weeks and get back; check the apps update page and am now back to normal.
Other than normal updates, nothing else was done. Go figure.

Attachments

• 1626347041485.png
    1626347041485.png
    268.1 KB · Views: 8

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IIRC I noticed a few days ago that mine is back to normal as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
It may have to do with Shut Downs, instead of Restarts.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It may have to do with Shut Downs instead of Restarts.
I'm not sure that's the issue. At least for me, it does not seem to be the case. The computer that I experienced this on is almost always booted from a cold start rather than a restart because I sometimes go for weeks without using that computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have been away for a couple weeks and get back; check the apps update page and am now back to normal.
Other than normal updates, nothing else was done. Go figure.

Maybe someone at Apple made some changes to their apps update webpage. Not unusual for such a thing to happen and doing so could cause a viewer's experience to change. 😉

- Patrick
=======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.