MacKeeper

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 " 2009 macbook Pro
I have used onyx a long time. Just installed latest version for yosemite.
I really don't understand all the directions. Tech english is not real english!! I chose what I thought I needed. As a result some licenses were missing, certain preferences were gone and I had to figure out how to get them back.What shouldn't I try to repair in onyx?
I am on a 2009 macbookPro 17" with new internal hard drive, new internal opitcal drive, new keyboard.

Last edited:

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I have used onyx a long time. Just installed latest version for yosemite.
I really don't understand all the directions. Tech english is not real english!!

We usually recommend only clicking on the "Automation" button. If you want to venture further...better do your research first!;)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 " 2009 macbook Pro
I'll check that out next time.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Pogo is correct here, we only and always have recommended running Onyx on Auto. It is potentially a very powerful piece of software but unless you understand it's settings Auto is the only way I would advise using it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Pogo is correct here, we only and always have recommended running Onyx on Auto. It is potentially a very powerful piece of software but unless you understand it's settings Auto is the only way I would advise using it.

As a very good local guru from canadaram.com has stated on various other Mac forums has previously stated — Onyx is so good and complete that it comes with more than enough rope to hang or strangle even the most stubborn Mac.

I don't know why it's so widely suggested so often on this site to run it as the "ultimate" fixit utility so casually and blatantly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.