Macbook X for Battery icon + charge won't go green

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook (refurb), 1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo, 2 GB Memory, 60GB HDD
On my gf's macbook, for the battery section on the menu bar, it has an X on it instead of the normal battery information. What could it mean?

She also shutdown the Macbook and charged it all throughout the night, yet in the morning the charger light still didn't turn green.

Is there something wrong with her battery? She only just received it back from an Apple Center replacing the logic board cos of graphics problems!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I believe that the X in the battery on the menubar means that the battery isnt installed. I'd take it out, and put it back in, and if that doesnt work, then call Apple.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook (refurb), 1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo, 2 GB Memory, 60GB HDD
I just called Apple. Apparently there's now something wrong with the new logic board that has just been installed to replace the old faulty logic board!! What a joke.

I'm gonna have to drive 32 miles now to get to my nearest Apple center and tell them to do the job that they should've done in the first place! And in the worst case, they might need to get another logic board ordered which means that my gf will be without her Macbook for another 2 weeks!

Do you guys think its reasonable for me to ask to be reimburshed for the money spent of petrol to get there since it is the company's fault for not fixing it in the first place?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.