macbook wouldn't go past apple logo now screen is black

Reaction score
(macBook Pro 2012)

I have a double problem ,

the original problem i had was that when I was forced to shut down the computer by holding down the power button , when i rebooted it would not go past the apple logo, it would just fill up the line and never go past it.

tried

Shift+Control+Option+Power

and

command-option-p-r

then finally

Command-R just got me to the internet connection and then once again got stuck on the apple logo spinning

thinking it was my hardrive, i removed it and tested in another computer.... it's not the hard drive.

So i put the hardrive back in the original macbook , boot it up and now the screen is black now complicating the issue even further as i can't figure out how to connect an external monitor with it in this condition.

My next guess is RAM , can anyone with more experience tell me if this is what it sounds like?

Sorry for the long winded post, but I thank you in advance for reading it and possibly helping.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
If it is under warranty take it back.

Any chance of liquid spills etc?

OP
G
Reaction score
If it is under warranty take it back.

Any chance of liquid spills etc?

It's four years old and no there are no spills or liquid of any kind.

I'm actually more concerned with the first part as if i can get it to work on an external monitor, maybe I'll try replacing the RAM or trying different set then seeing if it actually boots in(then I can use my TV)

Reaction score
find a post in google How to fix a Mac that won't start up
but kind of not easy work
Step 1 - Check your Mac turns on
Step 2 - No video signal (or it's distorted)
Step 3 - Run Disk Utility in Recovery Mode
Step 4 - Safe Boot the Mac
Step 5 - File system consistency check
Step 6 - Reset the NVRAM
Step 7 - Reset the SMC
Step 8 - Target disk mode
Step 9 - Reinstall Mac OS X or macOS Sierra
Step 10 - Make a Genius Bar appointment

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
That pretty much covers it shshxiaojing. I am wondering why you had to force it to shut down with the power button in the first instance? What problems were you experiencing?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.