Macbook to MB pro or air

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air, Dell Inspiron 9400
It's amazed me since its debut that people are willing to pay significantly more for an Air than a MacBook
As an IT Manager I can purchase any PC i want regardless of price. I have a killer desktop at my main office and was looking for the smallest lightest laptop with a full size keyboard and at least a 13" screen. My main use for it is to access web driven apps and E-mail. The MBA is the perfect fit for me. I have the superdrive to load programs but it stays home. I use a USB hub at work and home to "dock it" and have access to a keyboard and trackball. But these also stay behind when I travel to other locations. Yes the MBA is not for everybody but it deserves more respect than most people give it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 2.4ghz/4gigram/sd/leopard
I think Apple has the perfect lineup of products to fill many needs of many different users.

Compare the lineup of computers to cars

MBA= small 2 seater convertible. Not practical for 90% of people out there, but still a very strong market, and for the people who want it, its pretty dang cool.
Macbook= Four door sedan, fits most peoples' needs pretty well, but not perfectly, and not too flashy. A sensible choice.
MBP= A four door diesel truck with premium interior. If you can't get it done with this, you should reevaluate your goals.

Same basic principle with the desktop lineup.

OP
A
Reaction score
I think Apple has the perfect lineup of products to fill many needs of many different users.

Compare the lineup of computers to cars

MBA= small 2 seater convertible. Not practical for 90% of people out there, but still a very strong market, and for the people who want it, its pretty dang cool.
Macbook= Four door sedan, fits most peoples' needs pretty well, but not perfectly, and not too flashy. A sensible choice.
MBP= A four door diesel truck with premium interior. If you can't get it done with this, you should reevaluate your goals.

Same basic principle with the desktop lineup.

WOW that was a perfect example haha i like that one

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 7200RPM 200GB
Multi-touch is great, and I think should be a standard feature on all trackpads (and I've heard you can get drivers for multi-touch even on Windows). After a week or so, you'll notice that you try to use the "back" and "forward" swipes (3 finger swipes) in programs that don't support it (like Firefox). I've found a few places here and there that I "expected" it to work, and it's not supported, but that just shows how intuitive it really is :)

I have a MBP (about 3 months old, with matte screen), and I notice that when someone is using my laptop and I am sitting next to them, the white colors seem more yellow'ish (probably at a 45 degree viewing angle or more). When I first saw it, I freaked out thinking something was wrong, but with closer inspection, it's just the viewing angle that messes with it. It's unfortunate, but is rarely an issue because if someone is using it, I want it to be me! :)

Reaction score
Macbook Pro or Air?

If Air can recognize 4GB, I will choose it over the MBP without a thought.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.